The Winery offers a seasonal “Farm to Fork” outdoor dining restaurant, supplied by local, organic farmers and growers, daily guided tours, Tasting Room experiences, weddings, special events and concerts. We are recruiting the Hospitality Team to deliver this experience to our visitors; all open roles begin in April 2016.
The Vineyard Terrace Restaurant Manager leads the day to day operation of the Restaurant and facilitates a unique and remarkable experience to all visitors and guests, while ensuring revenue and cost targets are achieved. The Manager works closely with the Terrace Chef & Restaurant Supervisors, leading the daily operation of the seasonal restaurant, executing the culinary concept of the farm to table, local, seasonal, 50 seat Vineyard Terrace Restaurant. The manager will also act as service lead in execution of special events; weddings, corporate events and wine festival activities on site when required.
- Collaborates on executing the Terrace Restaurant concept with the Winery Executive Chef and showcases CedarCreek’s award winning wines.
- Provides a consistent product, ensuring timing and quality standards are executed.
- Plays a key role in the continuous development of the Service Team, provide ongoing constructive feedback to allow for continuous improvement; take corrective action where required
- Executes seasonal onboarding program, ensuring seasonal team are trained, understand expectations and are held accountable for delivering to standards
- Anticipate guest needs and deliver unparalleled customer service, take proactive steps to follow up on guest requests and ensure 100% customer satisfaction is delivered
- Represents the CedarCreek Brand in a professional way at on- or off-site events
- Writes and communicates schedules to Service Team members
- Completes and approves hourly payroll for service team
- Champions a safe and healthy work environment.
- Plays a lead role in maintaining strong lines of communication, a positive work environment and great work relations between the front/back of house.
- Position Requirements:
- Five years of Food & Beverage experience, including 2 years of management.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to give clear and consistent leadership to service staff
- Strong local & global BC wine product knowledge, WSET level 2 preferred
- Previous experience with electronic POS system & credit card authorization terminals
- Experience working with electronic reservation booking system (e.g. OpenTable)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Highest standards of hygiene and safety
- Food Safe Certified.
Successful applicants must have a strong work ethic paired with a positive, professional and open minded attitude. CedarCreek is looking for Service Leadership applicants who can succeed in a changing environment, are detailed oriented and willing to do their part to help the culinary brigade.
Please submit your application online at the listing below.