Since 1984 the Gebert Family uses sustainable farming practices on their 76 acre vineyard to produce wines that reflects the terroir of the north Okanagan Valley under the St Hubertus (50 acres) & Oak Bay (26 acres) Label. In 1991 the two brothers Leo and Andy Gebert changed direction and started producing their own wines. Today the winery produces on average 10'000 cases of wine annually. All wines created by St Hubertus and Oak Bay are made with estate grown grapes and crafted and bottled on site; in keeping with the traditions of an estate winery.
The Winemaker coordinates, carries out and is involved in all operation of the winery. Is accountable for the laboratory testing and development of the wines during production including the operation of the bottling line and wine cellar inventory, equipment maintenance, cleaning.
Supervises personnel involved in the production of wine;
This is a hands-on position.
- A University Degree in Oenology and Viticulture or a Winemaking and Viticulture Technician Diploma and or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 year-round cellar experience
- Minimum of 4 harvests experience
- Proficient in operation of all production equipment
- Mechanical and practical aptitude as is required in the cellars
- Strong computer literacy
- Global vintage experience considered an asset
- Ability to work within a compact team
- Ability to work long hours
- Strong forklift skills are a must, will provide fork lift training to get certified, if necessary
- Ability to safely lift up to 25 kg
- A current drivers license
- A valid work permit for working in Canada, or valid SIN #
How To Apply
Email resume to Jobs at st-hubertus.bc.ca. No Phone calls please!